Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Secret Life of Bees

  1. Who was your favorite character in the book/ movie? Why?

My favorite character of the book was Lily. I love the pride she had and the way she will handle the problems she had with her dad. Even tho her mother died when she was only two she still made it in life, she still keeped her head up and did not put her self down or let her father get to her. They had told her that she was the one that killed her mother and even tho her father will blame that on her she will not let him get to her she will keep her head up.

2. What message is the author trying to tell the readers? (Theme) What does this message mean to you?

I think that the author of this story is trying to tell the reader to love there self's and the ones around you. even tho Lily killed her mother she did not let that get to her she will keep her head up and did not let her dad put her down to tears. She was not racist against any one she loved the person for who they were the feelings they had not just because the color they were. This message means a lot to me because I love my self for who i am I'm not trying to be different or fit in with other people lily did not care that Zack was black and she loved him for who he was. I know I'm always going to be love by someone for who I am and I do not have to fit in with no one.

No comments: